Kansas Tenants Handbook
The Kansas Tenant Handbook provides useful, practical information regarding communication and business relationships between tenants and landlords. Download the entire book by clicking the link above or select specific topics below.
INFORMATION FOR KANSAS TENANTS
Topeka Resource Guide & Lawrence Resource Guide
Awareness of Renters Rights Could Save You Money - List of guidelines to help you make an informed decision before signing a rental lease.
The Kansas Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (KRLTA) governs the relationship between landlords and tenants in Kansas. Laws in your state may be different.
The Kansas Mobile Home Parks Residential Landlord and Tenant Act applies to landlords who rent lots to tenants who own their own mobile homes. Laws in your state may be different.
Lead Paint Information - http://www.kshealthyhomes.org/regs.htm
Mold Information - http://www.kdheks.gov/beh/mold_alert.htm
Bed Bugs Information - http://www.kshealthyhomes.org/bed_bugs.htm
Other Relevant Statutes - There are certain technical guidelines a landlord has to follow in order to evict a tenant. They are called The Forcible Detainer Statutes. The Party Shack Statutes are laws governing landlords and tenants.
Cold Weather Rule - see information at http://www.westarenergy.com/wcm.nsf/content/cwr
Our Affordable Housing Directory lists subsidized rental units and other resources available to tenants and homeowners in the city of Topeka. Sections include:
- • Transitional and Emergency Housing
- • Low and Moderate Income Apartments and Town homes, unrestricted
- • Moderate Income Cooperatives, Unrestricted
- • Tax Credit Apartments and Duplexes, Unrestricted
- • Elderly and Disabled Housing, Publicly Owned
- • Elderly and Disabled Housing, Privately Owned
- • Homeowndership Programs for Tenants
- • Services to Tenants and Homeowners